I can’t claim credit for this recipe. It’s actually a Hairy Biker’s recipe, that I’ve stolen and made property of The Howff. But, I have added peppers which makes it a little different. This is a recipe full of deliciousness that’s great with all kinds of foods. Once made, you can keep it in the fridge for two days (if it’s not all eaten by then).
4 salad tomatoes
1 red onion
1 green, 1 yellow, 1 red pepper
1 green & 1 red chilli
fresh coriander, about 25g
1 lemon or lime, zest grated and whole fruit squeezed out
Salt and pepper to season
– to prepare the tomatoes: remove the central core and then chop into small cubes
– to prepare the onion: remove the skin, cut in half, slice horizontally then slice vertically
– to prepare the peppers: cut off the stem, remove the seeds and trim off the white bits on the inside. Cut into cubes
– to prepare the chillis: cut off the stem, remove the seeds, and finely chop
– to prepare the coriander: roughly chop, keeping the general shape of the leaf.
– place all these ingredients into a large bowl. Add the lemon or lime zest and juice. Season to taste. Salt will bring out the flavours of the veg, especially the tomatoes. Mix well and leave until required until all the flavours are combined. The longer it’s left to marinade, the stronger all the flavours will be, particularly the chilli.
pics to follow